Monday 1 June 2015

Return from the USA

I've just returned from a couple of weeks in Florida, catching the sun, going to Disney and boring the kids at Kennedy Space Center.  You might expect that I would come back with some interesting tales of procurement, or at least shopping - but you will be mostly disappointed.  I will say that HockeyMonkey are very good for (ice) hockey kit, which we got delivered to our hotel (a little reward for the kids for winning the EIHA U14 National Championship - sorry to be a proud parent on your time), and that the Memorial Day sales are really quite good.

The more interesting thing for me, as a once frequent visitor to the USA who has been absent for 17 years, was the reminder of the strength of the US economy.  Ok, Orlando is a rather special case - particularly on Memorial Day weekend.  But the sheer number and energy of businesses and shops is quite remarkable for a Brit.  I am sure that Americans will tell me that things could be better, but it was a reminder that this is the number one economy in the world for good reason.

I do hope to be back rather quicker.  In the meantime, here is my favourite purchase from the trip.

In the meantime, there have been some changes to the training plan (as always) and I shall give the details of those later in the week once I have reconfirmed arrangements.
 

No comments: