Friday 11 March 2011

Procurex - themes

Procurex was its usual success. Thanks to anyone who went to one of my sessions. The last one was on Risk Management, which in the week of the Japanese earthquake was a salutary reminder of the need for contingency planning.

Obviously my perceptions are my own, and I had little time to see the formal presentations but I found three key themes recurring;
- the need to improve the quality of tender submissions
- the tightness of budgets including travel to a free conference
- Category Management

The category Management theme was an interesting one, and talking to Pro5 I think is one that will be taken on from the OGC frameworks by a number of regional government bodies. It is a good and sensible approach, though for the public sector perhaps it cannot be persuded as aggressively as it is by our leading supermarkets.

No comments: