Monday 14 August 2023

Training fees repeated

 Well inflation remains stubbornly high, and we are all going to have to get used to needing to negotiate higher fees/salaries to remain standing still.

I increased fees this time last year, and I have already booked in new rates for 2024 with some clients.

This is the new world we all have to get used to.  Even my window cleaner put prices up 20%.

After years of relatively low inflation, we are now in a second year of it being high, and consequently significant wage/cost inflation is going to happen.  We can pretend it wont, but the reality is that it has to.  This will mean added difficulties in agreeing fees/rates/prices with suppliers, but we should be getting used to this new normal.

Anyway, for new work coming in after September 2023, my rates are going up.  I imagine so are everyone elses.  Good luck to everyone on both sides of the table.

No comments: