Wednesday 30 January 2013

Procurex

There have been some changes at Procurex - the conference and exhibition focussing on public sector procurement, run by BIP Solutions.  Previously there were two events - Procurex (for Scotland in Glasgow), and Procurex National for England and Wales.

The events are now being structured on a regional basis, with separate events for Scotland, Ireland, North of England, Midlands and South of England.  Does not yet seem to be one for Wales.

I have attended these as both a delegate and a member of BIP Solutions team, and they are a very interesting and stimulating day.  There are exibitors, some top notch speakers, and short seminars on a variety of topics.

I may be involved with Procurex North at Old Trafford in Manchester on 25th April 2013, where I would be particularly keen to listen to Sally Collier, Deputy Chief Procurement Officer at the Cabinet Office talking about the new EU Procurement Directives.  If I am there, I hope I am not scheduled against her.  She is giving the same presentation at the Midlands event on 12th March, and the South event on 18th April,  where they will also have Minister for the Cabinet Office, Francis Maude.  So that is your opportunity to ask questions about the different approaches employed by him and Eric Pickles, the Secretary of State for communities and Local Government.

Further details are here.  Don't be put off by the threat that I might be there - I shall probably be presenting Professional Procurement Skills in Dubai instead - details of that here.

No comments: